In addition to providing high-quality printing services, Allegra offers specialized print finishes to enhance the look and feel of your printed pieces.
Adding a special coating or finish to your printed piece often means the difference between “nice” and “wow!” There are several ways to finish your piece to give it that extra something.
Print finishing is the process that occurs after you print a marketing piece. There are a variety of specialty printing operations; some of them happen inline before the piece leaves the press, or offline after the piece comes off the press.
Allegra’s printing and finishing services can improve the function and appearance of your printed pieces. The advantage of using commercial printing services is you get the professional results that a regular printer cannot offer.
Look at some of the most popular print finishes you can get at Allegra:
- UV varnish: This is a specialized paper varnish or coating applied over printed materials to give each piece a high gloss or a matte coating finish. This process can be used to cover a complete piece or only on certain spots to make certain elements pop. The UV varnish finish is a clear liquid that bonds and dries when exposed to UV light. This finish doesn’t only improve the texture and appearance of the finished products, but it also seals the printed paper and acts as a resilient topcoat. This type of finish is often found in magazines, high-quality books, brochures and more
- High gloss spot: Also known as high gloss laminate, it is excellent for making photographs and other graphic elements stand out by improving their sharpness and contrast. This lamination print finish adds a thin protective layer to the printed surface giving it a smooth feel. This finish is often used on covers to give them a shiny and lasting finish.
- Die-cutting: This is a finishing technique performed during inline printing. With this process you can cut out shapes, make perforations, and form creases on the printed surface. This creative treatment helps move the eye from one page to the next with unique cuts and shapes.
- Folding: This finishing technique is often used to modify the size of printed products and fit the piece into another element, such as an envelope. Fold give print pieces a “pick me up and play with me” appeal, including gate folds, half folds, letter folds, and more. The advantage of the folding finish is that it gives the finished product a unified and professional look.
- Embossing: This specialty printing finish raises parts of a flat printed surface to give depth and texture to the material. Embossed prints give emphasis to certain elements and add a dramatic touch to the finished product with the shadows and highlights it creates. This three-dimensional stamping process can be combined with inks and foils for additional impact. There is a similar finish that can also be applied to a finished surface called debossing. This technique is used to press a shape into a surface, thus creating a three-dimensional opposite effect to embossing.
On top of these specialty printing processes, Allegra also offers various binding options. Rely on Allegra for amazing printed marketing pieces and post-print options; the possibilities are endless. Our print finishes can give your designs that something extra and take them from good to amazing.
Start thinking about your next print project; our team will help you formulate the best plan for your print job. Call the Allegra team to discuss the texture, presentation, and impact you want your print products to have.
Consider what an impact your business can make with Allegra’s highly customized print and finishing services. Not sure what you’re looking for? Contact us today for samples and advice.