Trade shows are a great place to find new customers and build relationships to help your business grow. These events are often industry-specific and not open to the general public. Most of the people who attend trade shows are company representatives in a position to influence purchasing decisions. The Center for Exhibition Industry Research found that 86% of trade show visitors are decision-makers.
Before signing up for your next trade show, it’s crucial to do some preliminary research and figure out what will be the goal your company wants to achieve during this event. Your company may be launching a new product or service, or they may be looking to get feedback on an existing offering, or they may simply want to generate new sales leads. Whatever the objective is, you will need to find out what type of audience will be attending the event. After you figure out who will be attending the event, you’ll be able to determine the best ways to attract them to your booth.
Participating in events requires a substantial investment and advanced planning is necessary to guarantee a good return on investment. Redefine success and step up your 2020 trade show game by focusing on these five event marketing strategies.
- Reach out to attendees before the event. Build interest before the event by sending emails to encourage attendees to visit your booth. It may seem unnecessary, but doing this will plant the idea in their heads to stop by your location when at the event. You can say something as simple as, “Stop by with our booth with your business card for a chance to win a prize.”
- Invest in a memorable trade show booth. Choosing the right event company to produce your display is just as important as selecting the correct trade show to attend. That’s where Allegra comes in! We can help you think of every detail, from graphics and flooring to lighting.
- Invest in proper signage. Signs are often the focal point of any booth and they are responsible for representing your brand. Make sure you have enough signage not only in your booth but also around the event floor to help people locate your booth. Use eye-catching graphics to draw potential customers and communicate the value of your products and services. There are many different types of signage that work well for events, from trade show banners to ceiling and flooring graphics.
- Pick unique promotional items. With today’s printing advancements, the possibilities are endless when it comes to the type of products you can brand. Use this opportunity to your advantage by picking an unusual giveaway. Giving people something unexpected they haven’t seen before will give your company an edge over other exhibitors. The items companies distribute at events should always be useful, valuable, or entertaining. Trends to keep in mind in 2020 when picking out promotional items are: self-care or fitness items, eco-friendly products, tech accessories, weather-friendly attire, and brain teasers.
- Make your booth fun and interactive. An excellent idea to attract people to your booth is to offer a convenient service. An example of this would be to set up a cell phone charging station. Since most people will probably be using their phones, they are likely to stop by and use the station. Another idea to make your booth more interactive and fun is to invite people over for games in exchange for prizes. People are more likely to spend some time with your company if you are providing an experience they can enjoy.
Allegra has the experience and expertise to save you time and money with trade show displays, banner stands, giveaways, and more. You don’t need a big budget to make a significant impact! We’ve helped lots of companies just like yours. And they’ve been kind enough to give us a 5-star rating in return. That’s a win-win!
For quality and service you can trust, contact your local Allegra Marketing Print Mail location today!